Promotional products provide affordable, accountable, measurable advertising
Frame Promotional Products
Now more than ever, marketers need to reward and build brand loyalty. It is important to continue to acknowledge and thank clients, employees and suppliers.
Statistics from APPA (Australasian Promotional Products Association) show that marketers spend more than $1.34 billion dollars (AUS) and $144 million (NZ) a year on promotional products for one reason, they work.
• 52% say their impression of a company is more positive after receiving a promotional product.
• 76% recall the name advertised on the product.
• 55% keep the item for more than one year.
• Nearly 50% of recipients use them daily.
• 52% of people do business with a company after receiving a promotional product
• Spend less, achieve more and remind people about the benefit of doing business with you.
Promotional products in the home:
• How many people have at least one promotional product in their kitchens? 91%
• How many have two or more in their kitchens? 81%
In fact, the kitchen is the #1 place people use and keep their promotional products. (People spend on average 3-5 hours a day in their kitchens)
Promotional products in the office:
• How many people have at least one promotional product in their offices? 74%
• How many have 2 or more in their offices? 59%
In the work place, more than half of people hold onto their
promotional product from 1 to more than 4 years.
Reach & recall:
• 71% of business travellers surveyed reported receiving a promotional product in a 12 month period.
• 33.7% of this group had the item on their person.
• 56% of people kept their promotional product for more than one year.
• 76.4% said they kept their promotional product because it was useful.
• 76.1% of the respondents could recall the advertisers name on the product.
How effective are promotional products in staff retention, motivation and brand interest?
• 75% of Human Resource managers surveyed are using promotional products in recognition programs.
• 72% of marketing and HR managers say that promotional products are very effective in motivation and retention of staff.
• 100% of advertisers said that adding a promotional product returned a favourable response to their campaign.
• 69% of advertisers said promotional products increased brand interest and 84% it created more favourable impressions of the brand itself.
Understanding the medium:
• A product is just a product, until it is linked with a promotion, it then becomes an advertisement.
• The most successful advertising campaigns are the result of a planned strategy.
• Throwing products at your target market without that planning is a waste your marketing dollars.
• The product is only one component in the whole campaign.
• The creativity used to get a response is the key to increasing
profits and promoting brands.
APPA (Australasian Promotional Products Association) promotes the development and good standing of that segment of the advertising industry which is concerned with the manufacture, distribution and application of promotional products in accordance with business practices and ethics which meet the
highest industry and community standards. For over 25 years APPA has represented the regions of Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. Frame Promotional Products is proud to be one of APPA’S longest standing member.