2019 HUNTER DEFENCE CONFERENCE
22 & 23 AUGUST 2019 CROWNE PLAZA HUNTER VALLEY
The 2019 Hunter Defence Conference is the 10th anniversary of this important event and
will focus on driving collaboration between Defence Primes, NSW regional SMEs,
Academia and the Department of Defence.
Specific aims of the Conference include:
• Be a strong and unified voice promoting Hunter defence capability to primes and the Australian Defence Force.
• Demonstrate Hunter Region supply chain capability to the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG),
Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC), Environmental HQs and defence primes.
• Attract defence contracts to the region.
• Align local industry capabilities and capacities with coming opportunities.
• Understand defence opportunities and delivery models and communicate this to regional manufacturers and suppliers.
• Map regional defence capabilities.
• Facilitate education and training to up skill Hunter Defence SMEs.
• Encourage SMEs to acquire advanced defence capability and broaden the region’s product offering.
The Defence conference has been running now for 10 years but this is the first time there has been a focus on
primarily the support at a national level to regional SMEs.
The speakers this year will add hugely to the body of knowledge as
an overarching view of where the government is heading over
the coming decade and what that might mean for Global
Supply Chain opportunities for SMEs and contractors in
the region.Speakers will include representatives from:
The Blue Zone Group
Bohemia Interactive Simulations
Minister for Defence
Australian Defence Export Advocate
The Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group
Defence Innovation Hub
Astro Aerolab (Newcastle Airport)
University of Newcastle
Coincident with this year’s conference will be a local industry
showcase on the afternoon of 22 August. This will afford the
opportunity for local industry to speak directly to SMEs who
have been successful in the Defence Contracting environment.
That night there will be a drinks and canapés session with a fly past by
Matt Hall (of Red Bull fame) followed by a gala dinner with a special guest
speaker - the Hon Christopher Pyne.
On the 23 August there will be presentations on air, land and maritime
capability development, followed by a Capability Roundtable and Q&A.
All in all, it is an event not to be missed for anyone involved in or
supplying the defence industry as well as those who would like to
explore the opportunities available for their business to be involved
in the defence supply chain.
The Hunter Defence Conference is only made possible by the support of
the event sponsors. At the time of going to print, these sponsors included:
University of Newcastle
To purchase tickets for 2019 Conference visit