2016 Industry and Suppliers Awards
NSW Mining 2016 Industry and Suppliers’ Award Winners Announced Representatives of the mining industry and supplier businesses from across NSW joined with MPs from across the NSW Parliament at the 2016 Industry and Suppliers Awards Dinner.
NSW Minister for Industry, Resources and Energy The Hon Anthony Roberts MP, welcomed all to the dinner, praising the contribution the NSW mining industry its thousands of mining supplier businesses make to the NSW economy and local communities.
NSW Deputy Premier The Hon Troy Grant MP delivered the keynote address, focussing on the importance of mining in fostering the growth and strength of regional communities. The Deputy Premier also highlighted the critical importance of the mining industry to the NSW economy.
The Industry & Suppliers Awards, presented by the Deputy Premier, recognised excellence in the sector, and emphasised the continued importance of the supply chain to the industry.
The winners were:
• Small Business Achievement - Airspeed Aviation, Scone
• Outstanding Supplier - RungePincockMinarco, Maitland and Sydney
• Mining Operation of the Year - Whitehaven Coal Maules Creek
• Young Achiever - Kate Swain, McCullough Robertson
• Outstanding Contribution to Mining - Tony McPaul, Newcrest Cadia Mining, Orange
• Exceptional Woman in Mining - Raelene O'Brien Glencore Coal Assets Australia